Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yum Yum Eat It Up...

There is nothing better than coming home from work and having dinner practically waiting on you!  I don't use it often enough, but my crock pot rocks!  This picture just doesn't do this meal justice....I tried neatly slicing this pork roast but it was so tender it just crumbled.  Pork roast and carrots, and my family gobbled it up!  Before leaving for work this a.m. I stuck the roast in the crock pot, then stirred up some bbq sauce, soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, and a little pepper....and poured it over the roast.  Crock pot was on low for a good 7 hours, then came home, turned it to high and added some baby carrots and let it warm up for another 30 minutes. 
The best part, clean up was a snap! 
                                   

2 comments:

  1. I agree about having dinner waiting on you....but tonight it wasn't my crockpot that did the work. It was my lovely hubby. 'Tis the season for taco soup!!! Yours looks good too. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, how I love taco soup! I'll hafta add that to the meal planning. My hubby cooked last night while I ran on the treadmill. We are lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete