Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I found the PICKLE!!!

My prince left the tree lights on all night, & I sure did love walking in and finding it glowing this morning!



I found the pickle!  Yes- the pickle hidden on the tree!  3 years ago my snazzy Aunt Paula gave us the cutest, smallest little pickle Christmas ornament.  Attached to it was a tag explaining that the children wait until the pickle ornament is hidden in the green boughs of the tree and then they search for it endlessly because they know they will receive an extra gift on Christmas morning for being the most observant. 

We have a family friend come over to hide our pickle.  Our kids are young, Aubi could care less right now, so we give Molly a loooooooong head start, which so far she's given up and quit looking......so then Greg and I jump in battling each other on who will find it first. 

3 years running now and I found it again!!!  Woot Woot!  It is so thrilling and exciting.  The sad part- it was a lot closer to the area my hubby was looking in, but the way it was hidden, it was easier to see from the opposite side of the tree where I was looking. 
We are a little competitive around here!!! 

I found the website where you can order your own pickle!  http://www.oldworldchristmas.com/
and search "pickle".  Ours is the Miniature Gurken but there are a few others to choose from. 

What traditions do you and your family look forward to each Christmas???






No comments:

Post a Comment