Thursday, January 26, 2012

Newest Member of the Fam


We got a puppy!  A boy one!  That's what Molly has been telling everyone she knows.  She is correct! :)  He was my anniversary gift from the sweetest hubby in the whole world.  Our puppy is already a big part of the family and we are all completely smitten over him.  Aubrey was timid at first....actually a bit scared is more appropriate, but she quickly overcame her uncertainties of the puppy and now she's CRAZY about him.  She especially loves helping me and sis take him on walks and giving him treats when he's a "good boy".  We decided to name him Buzz.  For those who are interested, he's a Maltese Shihtzu mix. We all call him Buzzard, Buzzy, the Buzzinator, etc.  He is SO darn sweet.  At first, potty training had me and my honey both confused and scratching our heads, but one weekend I (somehow) grew lots of patience and worked diligently with him and it seemed to do the trick.  I must brag on my honey's patience too, he's been great.  Buzz now potties outside and when we are gone he potties on his puppy pads.  He LOVES being rough with Greggy, it's so funny to watch.  Buzz has the silliest little bark that we all laugh at.  He's learning to stay and sit and fetch.  He's also helping to get me prepared for getting up in the middle of the night  when the baby comes.  Buzz and I were having potty time about 3-4 times a night at first, and it's already down to just 1 wake up call.  Not bad!!  Here are some sweet pictures I took last week. 

Introducing our sweet puppy, Buzz!








No comments:

Post a Comment