Friday, February 25, 2011

Mind of mine...SLOW DOWN

Whew- what a week.  And that doesn't even do it justice.  BUT!  It's the weekend and that makes it all  better.  My mind has not taken a break from work all week, so this evening, after hanging out with some pretty awesome ladies and letting our kids run wild, I'm home, and my mind is wandering to non-work related things.  And there are plenty of those things on the brain.  Maybe if I jot a few of them down here, it will help keep me accountable for them?  Keyword: maybe.  :)


First thing's first...making another batch of laundry detergent.  This isn't a maybe, it's a must.  I've been using a recipe from my wonderful, talented aunt Paula, since probably October of last year and I LOVE it!  For a lotta years, I guess you could say I became a snob to powdered detergent.  I felt like it wasn't cleaning our laundry properly.  So, I started using liquid.  Now, I can honestly say, my personal fave is powder.  Yep, changed my mind. nbsp; So, this weekend I need to mix together more. 


Then- I will be tagging and bagging....(well not really bagging, more like hanging, but tagging and bagging sounded so much more fun.) The plan is to sort through clothes Molly has outgrown and consign them in a community wide sale next weekend.  I say it's a plan because so far we have found 16 trash bags...and they are 30 gallon bags.  Not all of these belong to us, some to my sis and sis-in-law.  We've pretty much religiously passed around our daughters clothes.  Now they are all to an age where there sizes are neck and neck, so the passing has come to a halt.  So, it's time to weed through them and get rid of A LOT!
 
Next thing on the brain is trying to get a game plan together for the vegetable garden my Prince and I have been talking about the last 2 years.  My mom is the Queen B at gardening, (among tons of other things)  so, I've already been picking her brain on some ideas I've had.  We have the perfect spot in our backyard, but I'm worried it's too shaded. 
We grew up in town, but had a farely large garden in our backyard and I remember watering with my very own watering can and "helping" my momma.  I remember eating a pepper once that my neighborhood friend told me wasn't hot.  I also remember it being hotter that heck and my mom grabbing the waterhose and having me stick my tongue out for some relief from the ice cold water.  It's all coming back to me now....that incident could be why I don't particularly like anything very spicy. 
Anyway, back to where I was going with this.....not only would I LOVE to have some home grown veggies, and maybe even some yummy strawberries, but I think it would be a great thing to get the whole fam involved in.  I just know Molly would be a terrific helper.  Aubi on the other hand....she will probably have fun digging in the dirt!

Also on the brain tonight is converting Aubrey's crib into a toddler bed, but that shouldn't take much more than a few minutes...that is....if I can find the small bar that replaces the full front of the crib.  Hmmmm....where could it be....


Next-  Booking a weekend trip for our fam of 4 to Great Wolf Lodge in TX.  That shouldn't take long either, plans are to go in April, just a matter of actually doing it!


Okay.....so now that I've got a few things outta my head and actually listed in front of me, I'm feeling good about all of them.  First things first, it's way beyond this momma's bed time.  12:14?  WHAT?  Time to get some beauty sleep. 

Then tomorrow, it's ready, set, accomplish! 

1 comment:

  1. I make my own laundry detergent and love it too. It also makes me feel good about not putting more chemicals into my kids lives. Good luck with your list of things to do. I know those girls keep you busy on the weekends! :)

    ReplyDelete