Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pinkalicious! Pinktacular! Pinkariffic!

Well, Chuck E. Cheese was just the beginning of a fun-filled day on Friday.  That evening we celebrated Molly's big day with family and a few close friends in our home.  Molly loves the book, Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann, so after discussing party ideas with daddy and I, she was all for a Pinkalicious birthday party.  She asked that I make the cupcakes from the book, and she asked if she could have a cupcake on her shirt, and if she could wear a skirt.  So, of course I couldn't let her down!  :) 






Party favors




My beautiful, fun loving, soon to be 5 year old.  She holds my heart in the palm of her cute lil' hands...and she knows it too. 




Everything was pink!  Pink cupcakes with pink icing & pink sprinkles.  Pink strawberry marshmallows, pink suckers, pink candy kisses, pink chocolate dipped strawberries, pink wafer cookies, pink lemonade, and so on! 




A friendly game of Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake




Time for presents!  My Molly Moo made out like a bandit.  So many great gifts and sweet cards.  She is one VERY loved little treasure. 




Happy Birthday dear Molly!  Happy Birthday to YOU!
Make a wish...




Laughing at what were supposed to be sparkler candles, but wound up being more like trick candles.  I think she was out of breath after attempting to blow them out so many times.  She found it giggle-worthy....




Party favors got torn in to, and the Silly String wars began.




Even little sis got hit a few times, but she didn't mind!




While the silly string wars were raging in our front yard, daddy and I decided to let Molly have her birthday present from us, which we are a few days early since her actual birthday is 2/22.  I knew her daddy couldn't resist waiting until her 'actual' day to give it to her, so I gave in too.  He carried the box into the living room and when she ran out of silly string she came in and instantly saw it.  She went in to major freak out mode.  She hugged and even kissed the box.  Then the sweet thing hugged me and said, "thank you mommy and daddy!  It's PERFECT!!!!"  Before I took the picture, I asked her to show me with her face how excited she was about this present......love it.




My daddy and my girls...brings a smile to my face and my heart. 
Molly wanted to read Poppy the story of Pinkalicious.  She's got it memorized, so she blew him away with her story telling abilities. 




What a great day we had.  Exhausting, but so worth it.  My Prince and I found ourselves snickering at the party with pink everywhere.....because afterall, Molly's favorite color is BLUE!  :)

This morning she was up bright and early playing with her new Barbie dream house.  She had a basketball game today but afterwards, daddy and I promised to come home and open all the new Barbies she was given as gifts.  Last I counted, there were 9 new Barbies.  A little girls dream!!! 

Hard to believe my Molly Bug is turning 5.  Kinda hard to swallow.  Not only does it make me start to feel a little old to say I'm the mother of a 5 year old, but just the fact that she's been in my life...scratch that, the fact that she's been my life for 5 years already.  This is the last year she can count her age on one hand.  I remember her learning to hold up a single sweet chubby finger for one, and who can forget her trying to hold up her three middle fingers without her pinky or thumb slipping? 

I remember finding out that I was pregnant, and I remember praying for a daughter.  God didn't just give me a daughter, he blessed me with an angel who is everything to me.  My teacher, my friend, my cuddle buddy, my giggle partner, my singing sister, nap partner, fellow shoe lover, fashion diva, and the list goes on.  She has inspired me in so many ways in her first 5 years of life.  I wonder what else she's got up her sleeve.
 
Happy Birthday Molly Faye!  You are pinkaliciously pinktacular!!!



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and all about the "Pink" special birthday party! Your mom told me she was heading for the birthday party. I've been anxious to hear how it went.
    No doubt--a huge SUCCESS!
    You and Greg are awesome parents!
    love you guys lots!
    Uncle Jerry & Auntie Jan

    ReplyDelete