Wednesday, February 2, 2011

s'more please...

Growing up in Oklahoma I vaguely remember big snow storms like what we've seen the past couple of years....my hubby and I were joking around and started calling this great state SnOklahoma!  ;)
Last year we had a white Christmas.  Right now, we've got 4 and 5 foot snow drifts all around the outside of our house.  I have been home from work the past 2 days and have welcomed the down time.  My Monday at work was no bueno!  I came really close to pulling my hair out a couple times.  My days stuck inside have been....needed.  It started Tuesday morning with a couple of quick sewing projects and ended with a nice 2 hour spat with the bobbin on my sewing machine....as of right now, the bobbin is still winning. (frustration inserted here!)  I am happy to say I didn't do any damage to it, I'm a lover not a fighter, but I did put it away and moved on to another to-do.  I cleaned out a few closets and I must share, it's totally amazing how calm I feel knowing that behind those closed doors there is no more chaos.  And I did find close to 20 picture frames (yes, I know, a tad bit ridiculous!) I plan to paint and re-use most of them.  Right now I am all about simplifying around the house. So, I have plans to paint, spray paint, etc. some knick knacks and clear out some too, but that's a whole other post! 

My poor girlies are both not feeling swell, so the poor things haven't even been able to get out and enjoy all the snow.  We have had fun inside though.  We've watched movies, colored and did some crafting, painted fingernails, Molly painted her own, played barbies, and just enjoyed being able to do whatever we've wanted. 

Molly and I did make snow ice cream...

Before
                                                                             After


This evening we made smores in the fireplace
                               
          ...........notice Molly's fabulous pink & purple nails & ooey gooey chocolate lips! 

Aubi loved the smores but got tired of waiting on
 our assembly line, so she headed straight for the bag of marshmallows.
                                
               my hunky honey...with a dab of chocolate just to the right of his lips.  Gosh he's cute! :) 
My girlies are in bed and I'm curled up next to the roaring fireplace.  The hissing and crackling has me yawning and considering beddy-bye myself.  My plans for tomorrow consist of attempting to make it in to work to get a few things taken care of.  I've enjoyed the snow but I'm pretty sure I'm over it.  I'm ready for flu season, coughing and runny noses to pass. 

Spring, just how many days away are you?  Let the count down begin! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Enjoyed reading your post!! I too struggle with that dang bobbin!I'm thinkin.... FOR SURE with all of our new technology we can come up with a new "bobbin"...RIGHT?
    I also cleaned out few hall closets and painted/re-purposed a few frames!!
    To tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! It felt great to get the "stuff" done! Let me know if I can help with the bobbin, you have to hold your tongue just right!

    ReplyDelete