Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training





Aubi is almost 18 months old!!  Just wild!!!

She is so much fun.  Full of stubborn-ness, and also very full of love. 

She began taking steps on her own at 9 months...I guess crawling wasn't good enough when it came to keeping up with big sister!

She's not much of a talker, but why would she be when she can point and grunt at whatever she wants, and big sis hands it right over??
She has said a lot of different words, but usually not more than once! 
Some of those words, her fave being MOMMA! include Dadda, ball, bye bye, hi, Poppy, Jellie, kissey, dog, that....repeating Molly say macaroni, counting 1 thru 5, and numerous other moans, groans and head shaking no's! 

I don't know exactly why my girls love to be in mommy and daddy's bathroom, but they BOTH always migrate there.  They love combs, hairspray bottles, and of course mommy's ridiculous collection of make-up.  I love make-up!  What else can I say?!

Anywho- Aubi has been strolling around the bathroom while I put on my make-up or get dressed, so a few weeks back I started pulling her diaper off and having her sit on the potty for a few minutes.
I'd run water thinking the sound might help her *tinkle* but after about a week of doing this every night with no such luck, I just kinda shrugged it off.  Then she started coming up to me while in the master bathroom and tugging at her crotch, so I'd pull her pants and dipey off and have her sit and try to potty.

Well, she got pretty good at convincing me to strip her down....apparently she enjoys running naked through our home!!!  

One night, my Prince and I were just getting home after a long day at work, and we were both getting in to comfy lounge clothes.  Well, in walks Aubster grunting and tugging at her britches.  So I instantly told her, "No, mommy isn't going to let you just run wild (and naked) tonight!"  But as my hubby and I stood there continuing to talk, she kept tugging away, so I pulled her diaper off, and she sat on the potty.  Greggy and I continued chatting, and then we both went silent.  

There was some tinkling going on in that big girl potty!!!!! 

Looking down at her, she just had this big grin on her face.  I had her stand up and sure enough, it was a done deal!  Our lil' girl was catching on!!

Now, my mom tells me that my brother, sister, and I were all potty trained around 18 months.  But she also admits that she was a stay at home mom and was able to be persistent about it. 
We didn't really start training with Molly until she was about 2 1/2....but it honest to goodness only took about a month before she had it down. 

So, I'm not setting any goals, but Aubrey has now twice come to me tugging and grunting and led me to the bathroom, with a successful ending!

Way to go Aubi girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment