Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Catching some Zzzzzzz's

Aubi.  Big girl bed. 


So far, big girl bed is winning. 


The first night,  I went upstairs to check on her before I went to bed, and she was sleeping soundly...on the floor.  I hadn't heard her fall, but she did.  So, without waking her, I put her back in bed, tucked her in and went to get some shut eye myself. 


At 3:51 a.m. I heard a "THUD" and then through the monitor came screaming.  I ran upstairs, opened her door and she was just standing in the middle of her room crying.  Bless her heart!!!!  So, I picked her up, showed her the step to climb back up into bed, which she totally ignored, and she just clung to me. 
I rocked her for a few minutes and then she starting pointing to her head like she'd hit it when she fell outta bed.  I kissed where she was pointing, then she pointed the other side of her head, so I kissed there too.  I laid her back down and turned on her musical glow worm baby thing.  Back to dreaming she went. 


Then last night, following the same routine, peeked in on her on my way to bed, she was in the floor again, this time half under her bed. I put her back in bed, under the covers, and she never made a peep. 
4:16 a.m. rolled around and the same "THUD" from the night before echoed through the house.  I ran upstairs and she was half asleep in the floor, crying for "mom-mom-mom-mom."


Back to bed she went but she wasn't too happy about me leaving her this time.  She cried a good little cry then dozed back off.  4:45 a.m. is when I wake up on the days I work out, but this morning I went back to bed and didn't get up until a little before 6.  Call me lazy if you must, but I NEEDED more rest!



I apologize for the blurry pic, but I had to share the look she gave me.....so unsure about her new found freedom.  No longer boxed in a crib. 





Hoping for NO falling outta bed tonight and getting some much needed shut eye................

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment