Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good, Good Monday...?

Yes, good Mondays do happen....occasionally!! ;)

I am SO incredibly overjoyed to tell ya that my brother Andy is
HOME SWEET HOME from Japan!!!!!!!

Thank the Lord!  And thanks to ALL of those who have sent sweet thoughts and even gotten on their knees to lift him up in prayer. 
He. is. home.  Hallelujah!!!!!!

I spoke with him this morning and he shared that he's just got this feeling of relief.  I can only imagine!  He did mention that he slept really good in his own bed!  His watch is still showing 15 hours ahead, so hopefully it won't be long 'til he is feeling back to normal. 

He flew in to OKC last night and was greeted by his 3 gals and our dad.  He told me that Alli (3) was so excited to see him that she ran right through the security gates!  I guess there is no stopping a little sweetie from getting hugs from her daddy that's she missed sooo badly!! 

Of course I had to ask him 20 questions about the journey.  He started by saying he never really felt like he was in danger.  He was in the air during the quake, so he didn't feel it, but once they landed and sat on a plane for 3-4 hours, he said the plane shook from after-shocks, and that there were probably 20-30 of those shocks.  He took some pictures when he was in an airport, with people sleeping everywhere.  He wasn't close to any harmful area, and didn't see much devastation.  One thing he mentioned was that the damage was actually pretty isolated, not as wide spread as I thought....I guess the media portrays it a bit dramatically.  Any way you look at it though, it's still a huge loss for Japan.  I pray for their people to come together to get through this as best they can!  I asked Andy his overall thoughts on his visit, afterall, he had been there for a week before the earthquake occurred.  He said the food was interesting and he went on and on about how wonderful the people are.  He said they really don't speak as good of English as he thought they would, but that they are just so welcoming and inviting.  Very courteous, and respectful, taking pride in that.  Even when they were at the airport leaving Japan, he said they were very hospitable, though they were most likely exhausted and had every right to be short tempered. 

Even with all the good he had to say about their way of life, I don't think he's ready to go back any time soon, if ever!  Here's a pic my dad sent me shortly after his arrival back to OK.


Welcome Home, brother!!!




As we awaited the news that he was home safely, my fam of 4 was at home enjoying the evening.  House was clean, laundry done (shocking!!!) so we were able to just BE.  

I made a quick dinner, homemade baked sweet potato fries and turkey panini's.  Quick AND tasteful!





I have shared that Molly finished up basketball in February.  So now we are moving on to something new...

Indoor soccer!   

She has her first practice tonight and she is really happy about it.  I am looking forward to watching.  Her sweet daddy picked her up some shin guards and a soccer ball yesterday, so here she is all excited to kick the ball around in the house, which she did all evening with her daddy....until mean mommy made them quit in fear of something getting broken!  Yes, occasionally I must crack the whip!




Ready for action!!
Well, she will be once she puts on some shorts and shoes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment