Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Molly Day

On Good Friday, Molly's class ventured to a nearby park for an Easter egg hunt and a picnic.  I went to work for a few hours that morning then headed to the park before the bus arrived with the eager kiddos.

She found me!!
 Ready!  Set!  Hunt!
 My sweet sunshine girl, smiling bright...
 Showing me ALL the eggs she found
 I'm so in love with this crazy fun child!
 Counting out the goods!
Goofing off with all her classmates
 Look mom!  I can swing as high as the sky!
 She. Is. Precious.
 Miss Happy-Go-Lucky
 Mommy snuck in on a pic!  Me with my almost-finished-with-pre-k-kid!
Only 4 weeks left!!!  Seems INSANE how fast the year has gone.
 Molly & a friend
 Taking a break...

The kiddos had a great time hunting, picnicing & playing.  I was pretty pooped from pushing lots of kiddos on the swings! :)
I left out a little early in hopes of having a quick lunch with my Prince!  I was in luck!!
After lunch I was planning to head back to work but I decided to throw a curve-ball in the day.  I played hookie, but not without a friendly call in to the office to make sure it was a do-able hookie kinda day!
So, I surprised Miss Molly at the school when the bus brought them back and checked her out early.  We ran home to change clothes, then we switched my car out for daddy's truck so we could pick up some yard goodies at our fave, (Lowe's!)
But not without a stop by Pink Swirls (or Pink Squirrels as I like to call it) for some yummy frozen yogurt.  Molly topped hers with gummy bears, brownies, white choc. chips, choc syrup, sprinkles, oreos, & peanut butter cups.  My selection was quite boring compared to hers.....strawberries, kiwi, & toasted coconut. 
Then off to Lowe's we went to fill in some holes in the flowerbeds.  Molly loves Lowe's.  She smells almost every flower then pretend sneezes and says, "Oh my, must be allergic to that one too!"  Yep, she makes the trip more fun. 
We finally made it back home and she helped me unload the bed of the truck and then she rode her bike around singing as I planted.  After planting and putting down 13 bags of mulch, I was pooped, and so was Miss Mo.  She played her heart out at the park and then came home only to wear herself out even more. 
We got cleaned up and once sister & daddy came home, we went to rent some movies and pick up a pizza and some pasta.  We'd most def. worked up an appetite!  My sweet lil' lovebird kept saying she wanted to stay up late that night, but she was out shortly after 8 on the couch.  It was a fun day and she was so glad to have ALL my attention instead of having to share the limelight with little sis.  She loves her sis, and she is the world's most compassionate big sis, but I know she stilll enjoys her time. 

She told me I made her day when I showed up at her school to pick her up early....little does she know that she made mommy's day too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment