Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh Happy Day

I get SO excited about Easter every year.  Such a wonderful holiday filled with so much happiness and all things new and alive!  It really made my heart happy that my Molly is understanding what Easter is all about.  I picked her and sissy up from daycare one afternoon and on the way home Molly told me the story of how our Jesus hung on one of 3 crosses where he would die and then he would rise from the grave a few days later.  It's so powerful what she is capable of learning and I love that I'm the one she chooses to share it with.  Her telling me this gave me goosebumps.  I just love our car conversations. 

This Easter Sunday was extremely wet!  It rained from the time I got out of bed and I can honestly say it was still coming down when I went to bed last night.  It was a pretty rain though, and very much needed here in Oklahoma.  The girls and I got up and headed to church....and yes I said girls.  Usually it's more convenient to leave Aubrey at home with daddy because at this point and time she is rather attached to me.  Leaving her in a Sunday School class is hard on her and me when I have to walk away while she's crying...even if the crying only lasts a minute.  But this special Sunday, she went straight in to her class with NO crying.  Yay for my big girl!!!  Molly has several school friends in her class at church, so she usually just jumps right in the fun. 

The service was nothing short of terrific.  I love listening and watching a preacher who is comical and quite animated.  The music was wonderful, one very passionate woman sang and I so enjoyed her voice. One song still stuck in my head today is Christ Is Risen, Matt Maher's version. 
I loved hearing the rolling thunder throughout the service too....it's like it was part of it. 

By the time the service ended, the rain was only coming down harder.  I had my purse, Bible, an umbrella, & Aubi in my arms and Molly was by my side.  As we started walking toward the car, the puddles were deep with the cold rain.  Molly started to cry so I tried to make the best of that moment by telling her not to be scared or worried if her new shoes got wet.  I told her to splash and kick and just enjoy stomping in the puddles.  Her fear and crying quickly subsided and she started to giggle.  The umbrella did shield us from some of the down pour, but by the time we made it in the car, we were all cold and wet.  My hair was a mess, and my dress was, well, soaked.  We turned up the heat and kicked off our shoes, just cackled at the water dripping off of each of us, and headed home to pick up daddy.  I just decided my dress was too far gone to try to dry, so I put on jeans. 
Then we headed off to lunch with my hubby's side of the family and continued to enjoy the day.  Yummy food, good company, what more can you ask for??  Because of the torential down pours, egg hunting didn't happen...although a little bunny left all the kiddos some sweet surprises under their chairs at the dinner table.  :)
With our bellies full and everyone in good spirits, we all parted ways.  My side of the fam was over at my Grandma Faye's, not expecting to see us, but we popped in to wish them all a Happy Easter and stayed for a bit to chit chat.  I was really wanting to hold my sweet baby niece, Lanna Belle too....she's so darn sweet!

I did not take one picture on Easter this year.  However, the day before, my 2 little chickadee's and I ventured to a few locations to snap some cute moments, and that we did!  Hope you like!

























They are a mess.  Our mess.  And I love our mess.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love these pics! And I love your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete