Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Isn't She Lovely!?



I'm a lady who loves projects. 

Sometimes I think I suffer from a disorder. 
Maybe always-need-to-have-something-to-do syndrome? 

Nah, not really....but I surely do LOVE to get my hands dirty and tackle a good project from time to time.  I don't remember when it started exactly, but it had to be pretty young.  I remember daydreams of redecorating my room when I was a kid....and one came to life.....sunflower yellow walls with Anne Geddes pictures all over the place.  Oh yes. I did!  Ha!
I also remember the building/workshop in our backyard that my daddy built.  It had a really cool attic and I remember chatting with some girlfriends in middle school that we should take the space over and make it a cool hang out spot.  I was off in daydreams creating and I'm sure my mom and dad were wishing I'd just keep my room clean already! 

I have been searching high and low for a good deal on a twin bed for our little Aubi-Daubi.  She's in her crib-converted toddler bed, but we've been slowly shucking baby things, so naturally I thought the crib should go. 

So, the hunt began.  I will never understand why furniture costs an arm and a leg.  It makes me never want to buy new again and just re-do existing pieces....not saying I won't ever buy new again, but right now I'm content with re-using.  Plus, I can't speak for everyone but I know I certainly appreciate things more when I know what work went into them.

I was wanting something white, or something with some character for her sweet room.  I looked at garage sales, 2nd hand stores, & just plain junk stores to no avail.  Either things were for a boys room, or more than I was willing to pay without the "wow" factor.  Then, a friend that I am lucky to work with was having a garage sale.  Someone was throwing in a twin bed and she remembered that I'd been looking for one.  She sent me a picture and I HAD to have it!!  Especially for $20!!!!  So, she reserved it for me and my sweet hubby went and picked it up in his truck.  I could hardly wait to strip, prime & turn her in to a true beauty!!



                                                                      Headboard Before







After!!!!!

This bed was such a fun project!
Isn't she pretty!?
When I was sanding, I came across some sort of property tag on the inside where the mattress will lay....
It read: Oklahoma Biltmore Hotel Room #1912
I thought that was so nifty!!  Of course I didn't paint over that part.

Isn't this detail just enough??

My sweeties.  Big sis likes Aubrey's bed.  Aubrey felt right at home in it too....started pillow fights, and was throwing all her babies onto the bed before it was time for lights out. 

She slept peacefully the first night, so proud of her!

Hope you enjoyed the latest!!





No comments:

Post a Comment